Choosing your Bernina 5 Series Sewing and Quilting Machine
Are you looking to venture into some creative sewing projects this year?
Are you wanting to express your creativity and have some fun sewing?
Or are you wanting to update your old machine for an all-round great machine with modern technology to make your sewing more enjoyable?
At Bernina Northland we have a comprehensive range of sewing machines get the creative juices flowing.
But which sewing machine best suits your sewing style? Is your ideal sewing machine from our bernette Range or Bernina Range of sewing machines? At Bernina Northland we invest our time with you, so you get the right machine to suit your sewing style.
Come and meet the team at Bernina Northland in-store at the Vine Street end of the Strand Arcade, Whangarei for a free hands-on demonstration of the available machines but first, read further while we have a look at the options available at Bernina Northland within our Bernina 5 Series Range of sewing and embroidery machines.
All machines in the Bernina Range have solid metal construction and parts within them, so they are a durable and solid machine for you to enjoy using. The Bernina Range of sewing machines at Bernina Northland come with a 10-year mechanical warranty including a 5-year motor, electrical and electronic warranty PLUS two free annual services with our in-store technician from the purchase date.
Are you wanting a larger throat space on your sewing machine?
Do you sew often? Do you want an option for in-the-hoop embroidery?
Have a look at the Bernina B535, the Bernina B570 QE, and the Bernina B590 from the Bernina 5 Series Range.
The Bernina B535 sewing and embroidery machine is perfect for the clothing maker.
- An 8½” throat space for bigger projects
- The BIG Jumbo Bernina bobbin with 70% more thread than standard bobbins.
- A needle threader for quick easy threading
- Sliding speed regulator so you control the speed you stitch at with finger-tip control
- Needle up/down function for beginning and ending stitching perfectly.
- The colour touch screen is simple to use making stitch selection and manipulation easier, therefore your sewing experience more enjoyable.
The Bernina B535 sewing and embroidery machine has 12 LED white lights giving great illumination for working on your projects and is enabled for the renowned Bernina BSR – Bernina Stitch Regulator – for free motion quilting and stitching.
The option to add the 5 series embroidery module to your Bernina B535 sewing and embroidery machine means you can bring your unique and special touches to any garment you sew. Able to stitch at 1000 stitches per minute, adding embroidery designs to your project won’t take long to stitch out. There are 50 on-board designs to choose from, then you can increase your collection by adding any design you wish, via the USB port of the Bernina B535 sewing and embroidery machine.
I really like the #5 stitch of the Bernina B535 sewing and embroidery machine as it secures the beginning and ending of seams in the traditional back/forth manner perfect for dressmaking!
Bernina B570 QE
The Bernina B570 QE is the Quilters Edition of the Bernina 5 Series
- An 8½” throat space for large projects.
- 9mm stitch plate for wide stitch width options.
- 12 LED white lights illuminate your work area.
- The easy-to-use needle threader makes threading up a breeze.
- The sliding speed regulator gives you control of stitching speed.
- Needle up/down function for perfect placement of stitches.
- Easy-to-read colour touch screen for stitch selection and manipulation as well as access to all the machine’s functions.
The Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine has the BIG Jumbo Bernina bobbin AND comes with the renowned Bernina BSR – the Bernina stitch regulator for free motion quilting and stitching.
The Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine also has the Bernina Dual Feed function giving added control while stitching and quilting. The Bernina Dual Feed function means the fabric you are stitching is fed evenly from the top along with the bottom feed-dogs. It is great for fine fabrics AND for quilting layers! The Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine is not just for patchwork and quilting! It is perfect for all types of stitching.
The option to add the 5 series embroidery module to your Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine means you can bring your unique and special touches to any project you sew. Able to stitch at 1000 stitches per minute, adding embroidery designs to your project won’t take long to stitch out. There are 250 on-board designs to choose from then you can increase your collection by adding any design you wish via the USB port of the Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine.
I really like the kick-back function of the foot control included with the Bernina B570 QE sewing, quilting and embroidery machine. I have mine set to raise or lower the needle because I have the machine’s automatic needle down function set for easy corner turning.
The Bernina B590 is the complete package of sewing and embroidery from the Bernina 5 Series. The 5 series embroidery module comes as part of the package deal! The Bernina B590 including embroidery module sewing and embroidery machine with 275 on-board embroidery designs has additional capability to make both sewing and embroidery easy and enjoyable.
Standard features include:
- The BIG Jumbo Bernina bobbin.
- The renowned Bernina BSR – the stitch regulator for free motion stitching.
- Dual Feed function for evenly controlled fabric feeding.
- Needle and bobbin thread sensors to alert you when they are getting low.
- Easy to use needle threader for changing threads.
- Knotting and cutting functions for beginning and ending each stitching row
- Bobbin winding while stitching and embroidering!
The Bernina B590 sewing and embroidery machine is the best you can get in this size range with an 8½” throat space, 9mm stitch plate and 16 LED white lights illuminating your work area. Your sewing experience is relaxing and pleasurable on the Bernina B590 sewing and embroidery machine.
I love the Bernina Bobbin sensor as it means less danger of running out of bobbin thread while sewing and embroidering! We’ve all played bobbin roulette in the past – now you have more likelihood of winning.
Would you like to see other Bernina Sewing Machines?